Kevin Berry Copy Editor and Proofreader
Service provided by Kevin Berry
- Proofreading: fixing typos, misspellings, grammar, punctuation, missed words, duplicated words, syntax
- Copy-editing: proofreading + checking references, point of view, inconsistencies, plot holes, clarity, some sentence restructuring
- Books (I specialise in Indie authors), novellas, short stories, essays, University thesis
- UK or US spelling (UK spelling is used in this description)
Why should you choose me?
- I have meticulous attention to detail. This comes naturally to me, and seems to be part of my brain wiring. I edit or proofread everything I come across: published novels, advertisements, signs… anything with words on it. I’ll ensure your manuscript is as polished and error-free as possible so you can self-publish or submit it to literary agents or publishers with confidence.
- I was an editor for Bluewood Publishing for over two years and have also worked freelance, editing novels and short stories in a variety of genres. I’m also an occasional reviewer for Awesome Indies, which lists only high-quality Indie books. I read all kinds of novels, so I can edit all kinds of novels.
- I’m a published author myself. I understand how important your manuscript is to you. I also understand how it is possible for authors to overlook errors in their own work because they are so familiar with it they read what they think is on the screen, rather than what is actually on the screen. My fresh perspective will find those errors for you while preserving your unique style and author ‘voice’.
- My rates are very reasonable for the quality of editing services I provide, usually less than you’ll find elsewhere. I like to support Indie authors, and I understand that new authors may not be able to afford the kind of rates charged by big London and New York firms.
- I am easily accessible by email.
- Proofreading: NZ $7 per 1000 words; or US $5.50 per 1000 words
- Copy-editing: NZ $10-15 per 1000 words; or US $8-12 per 1000 words. I need to set a range because some manuscripts need more extensive editing than others. I can give you a final quote once I’ve seen a sample of your document.
- You’ll need to pay in advance by Paypal or direct bank deposit before I can start work on your manuscript. Asking for payment in advance is the only safe way I can run this service and keep rates as low as possible for everyone.
My assurances to you
- I’ll do my best to ensure your manuscript is as polished as it can be once I’ve finished with it (copy-editing), and as free of errors as humanly possible (proofreading).
- I’ll undertake the editing of your manuscript entirely by myself. No one else will see it.
- I’ll agree a turnaround time with you that is acceptable to you and practical for me, and I will do my best to meet that deadline. Editing is time-consuming, meticulous work – it takes time to be thorough. If a delay is inevitable, I will let you know as soon as possible.
You want my help. What now?
Email me at kevin.berry.author (at) gmail.com to start a discussion. Send me a sample (up to 1000 words) so I can show you what you can expect from my editing services. Tell me your total wordcount and I’ll give you a quote based on that and the sample I’ve seen. If this is acceptable, you can pay directly via Paypal and I’ll start work on your project.
Visit Kevin Berry Copy Editor and Proofreader online for contact info & pricing
Books associated with Kevin Berry Copy Editor and Proofreader